Book Catalogue – Children's & Illustrated Books
1. ADAMS, Richard (author). John LAWRENCE (illustrator). Watership Down.
Harmondsworth, Middlesex; Penguin Books/Kestrel Books. 1979.
8vo. Original brown cloth-backed cream boards, lettered in gilt and decorated in black to spine, with pictorial dustwrapper, preserved in original pictorial slipcase; pp. [x] + [iv…
4. [ALPHABET]. RUSSELL, Bertrand (author). Fransciska THEMERSON (illustrator). The Good Citizen's Alphabet.
London; Gaberbocchus Press. 1953.
Large square 8vo. Original burnt orange cloth lettered in turquoise to spine, preserved in pictorial dustwrapper; pp. , largely printed on rectos; with a total of 26 line illustrations…
5. ANDERSON, Anne (illustrator). Horace MANSION (music arranged by). Old French Nursery Songs.
London: George G. Harrap & Co. .
4to. Original mid-blue cloth-backed boards with full-size onlaid pictorial plate to upper cover, spine lettered in dark blue; pp. [iv], 5-87; with 8 fine, and enchanting, coloured plates…
6. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). H.E. BATES (author). My Uncle Silas.
London; Jonathan Cape. 1939.
Small 4to. Original green pictorial cloth lettered in gilt to spine, with a vignette by Ardizzone in black to upper board; pp. [vi], 7-190 + [i]; illustrated throughout in black-and-white by…
8. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). H.B. McCASKIE (translator). The Poems of François Villon.
London, The Cresset Press. 1946.
8vo. Original cream publisher's cloth with gilt title to spine, top edge gilt, other edges untrimmed, preserved in the original pictorial dustwrapper; pp. 243; with 12 full-page…
9. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Hallam FORDHAM (compiler). Hey Nonny Yes; Passions and Conceits from Shakespeare.
Produced by S. John Woods for The Saturn Press. 1947.
Small 8vo. Original publisher's pictorial boards; pp. , including plates; with 16 full-page coloured lithographs by Edward Ardizzone; a very good, clean copy, both externally and…
10. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Noel LANGLEY (author). Desbarollda, The Waltzing Mouse.
London; Lindsay Drummond. 1947.
8vo. Original red cloth-backed grey flecked boards with neat historiated initial "D" printed in black to upper cover, preserved in pictorial dustwrapper; pp. [viii] + 63 + [i…
11. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Charles DICKENS (quotes by). Enid DICKENS-HAWKSLEY (compiler). Charles Dickens' Birthday Book.
London, Faber and Faber Limited. 1948.
Small 4to. Original pictorial cloth prettily illustrated with Ardizzone's designs to both covers and spine in three colours, preserved in repeat dustwrapper; pp. [x], [11-287]; with 12…
12. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Maurice GORHAM (author). Londoners.
London, Percival Marshall. 1951.
8vo. Original mustard cloth lettered in black to spine, preserved in pictorial dustwrapper; pp. [viii] + 158; illustrated throughout in line by Ardizzone; both externally and internally a…
13. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). James KENWARD (author). The Suburban Child.
Cambridge, At the University Press. 1955.
8vo. Original cream paper-covered boards, pictorially printed and lettered in red and black to upper cover, preserved in the original pictorial dustwrapper; pp. [iv] + 141 + [i]; a near fine…
SIGNED BY EDWARD ARDIZZONE
14. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). J.B. PHILIPS (translator). St. Luke's Life of Christ.
London; Collins. 1956.
8vo. Original publisher's dark orange morocco-backed grey linen boards with title in gilt to spine, top edge gilt, lower edge untrimmed, complete with the original Curwen-paper-decorated…