Book Catalogue – Children's & Illustrated
2. [ABC]. BAKER, Mary and J. Gale THOMAS (illustrators). Red Bundle Books: A,B,C, Tumbledown D (A-M); A,B,C, Tumbledown D (N-Z)
Leicester; Brockhampton Book Co. Ltd. .
16mo. 2 volumes; bound in pictorial card covers; each volume 24pp. including wrappers; with illustrations throughout in silhouette against coloured grounds; with light external dusting and a…
3. [ABC]. FRIENDLY, Gus Av. (author and illustrator). The ABC of Un-Natural History For Young & Old.
Published by the Author: Distributed to the trade by the African Bookman. .
Slim 4to. Original card covers overlaid with pictorial glassine wrapper; pp. ; with pictorial title in black and 26 further full-page plates printed in dense black ink; a very good…
4. [ABC]. BIGHAM, Joanna and Jane LLOYD (illustrators). Angus McGILL (words by). Alphabet.
Rosmead Press. 1971.
Royal 8vo. Original pictorial card covers blocked with a linocut, spiral bound; ff. , on card; with 26 fine and textural linocut plates printed in oily block colours (including silver…
6. ADAMS, Richard (author). John LAWRENCE (illustrator). Watership Down.
Harmondsworth, Middx; Kestrel Books/Penguin Books Ltd., 1976.
8vo. Recently attractively bound in half dark blue calf over blue cloth boards, spine with 5 raised bands, ruled and lettered in gilt with decorative gilt centres, top edge gilt; pp. [x…
8. [AIR-RAID BOOKS]. 20 volumes in 'Tuck's Better Little Books' series.
London; Raphael Tuck & Sons Ltd., circa 1940.
32mo.; 20 volumes; original pictorial wrappers, stapled to spine; each pp. 32; with illustrations in line; generally in nice condition with some external dusting and rubbing, a couple with…
10. ALDIN, Cecil (illustrator). Washington IRVING (author). Bachelors and A Bachelor's Confessions.
London; William Heinemann. 1909.
8vo. Original grey boards lettered and panelled in green and gilt surrounding an onlaid pictorial label; pp. [iv], 5-30 + [i]; with 3 coloured plates mounted-at-large on grey stock and…
11. ALDIN, Cecil, (illustrator). G.E. FARROW (author). Zoo Babies.
London, Henry Frowde & Hodder & Stoughton. .
4to. Original green paper-covered boards illustrated in colour to upper cover, pictorial endpapers; pp. ; with 24 full-page coloured plates by Aldin, each with an olive green printed…
12. [ALICE IMITATION]. Dame Alice's Adventures in Nowonderland. Some Notes for a Nightmare.
Bedford; Diemer And Reynolds Limited. 1946.
8vo. Original marbled boards with onlaid pink lettering label to upper cover; pp. [vi], 3-35; with 10 plates in line by Campbell; a fine copy.First and, apparently, sole edition, privately…
13. AMES, Mrs. Ernest (illustrator). Ernest AMES (author). Really and Truly.
London, Edward Arnold. .
Landscape small folio. Original mid brown cloth-backed pictorial boards printed with designs to both upper and lower covers; pp. ; illustrated with 22 very striking coloured plates in…
14. ANDERSEN, Hans (author). William Heath ROBINSON (illustrator). Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales.
London, Constable & Co. Ltd. 1913.
Large 8vo. Original red publisher's cloth with title and decoration in gilt to spine and upper cover, white and gilt pictorial vignette to upper board, top edge red, other edges untrimmed…
15. ANDERSEN, H[ans]. C. (author). Rie CRAMER and L.A. GOVEY (illustrators). Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales.
London; Humphrey Milford, Oxford University Press. .
8vo. Original olive green cloth elaborately and pictorially blocked in brown, tan, lilac, white, pink, beige, two shades of blue, and gilt, to spine and upper board, pictorial endpapers, top…