Book Catalogue – Children's & Illustrated
1. ADAMS, Frank (illustrator). Jessie POPE (verses by). Three Jolly Anglers.
London; Blackie & Son Limited. .
4to. Original beige cloth-backed buff pictorial boards blocked in blue and black, double-page pictorial endpapers; pp. , on French-folded leaves, uncut as issued; jauntily and strikingly…
2. [ADVERTISING]. WHITAKER, Doreen (author). Concerning Marmite.
London; Sir Joseph Causton & Sons Limited, circa 1930.
Small landscape 8vo. Original pictorial self-wrappers; pp. , including covers; brightly printed throughout with Art Deco typography and decoration in colours; a very good copy and a…
5. ALDIN, Cecil (author and illustrator). Just Among Friends; Pages from my Sketch Books.
London; Eyre And Spottiswoode (Publishers) Limited. 1934.
4to. Original taupe cloth boldly lettered in black to upper cover, preserved in pictorial dustwrapper; pp. [viii] + 28 plates; these plates printed in full colour in chalky lithography on…
6. [ALICE]. GROVES-RAINES, Anthony (illustrator). Alice, where art thou? More Guinness Carrolling.
Leeds; John Waddington Ltd. .
8vo. Original pictorial card covers with wrap-around design; pp. ; each page strikingly illustrated in full-bleed and vivid colour incorporating the text in panels; a fine copy.First…
7. [ALPHABET]. GORDON, Hampden & M.C. TINDALL (authors). Joyce DENNYS (illustrator). Our Hospital Anzac British Canadian.
London; John Lane The Bodley Head. .
Imperial 8vo. Original blue cloth-backed grey pictorial boards blocked to both covers in red, white, and blue, grey silhouette endpapers; pp. , including endpapers; with frontispiece…
8. [ARABIAN NIGHTS]. RANSOME, Arthur (author). Thomas MACKENZIE (illustrator). Aladdin.
London, Nisbet & Co. .
4to. Original olive green pictorial cloth stamped in brick red and violet, top edge gilt, others untrimmed, striking pictorial silhouette endpapers; pp. ; with 12 stunning coloured…
9. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Game Pie. A Guinness Indoor Sportfolio.
Printed by W.S. Cowell, Ipswich. 1955.
8vo. Original decorated paper wrappers; pp. [xii]; illustrated throughout by Edward Ardizzone with full-bleed coloured drawings; a fine copy.First edition. One of Guinness's advertising…
10. ARDIZZONE, Edward (artist). An original pen-and-ink drawing from The Nine Lives of Island McKenzie.
An original pen-and-ink illustration (15 x 160cm), unsigned, slightly dusted, with marginal printer's marks, floated in an ivory acid-free mount and presented in a pale oak frame; slight…
12. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). Eva-Lis WUORIO (author). The Land of Right Up and Down.
London, Dennis Dobson. 1964.
Large square 8vo. Original pictorial boards with wrap-around design, preserved in repeat dustwrapper; pp. [iv], 5-59 + [ii]; illustrated with 3 double-page coloured plates and 20 other…
14. ARDIZZONE, Edward (illustrator). James REEVES (author). The Story of Jackie Thimble.
London, Chatto & Windus. 1965.
Small 8vo. Original yellow linson boards illustrated and lettered in dark brown, preserved in pictorial yellow dustwrapper; pp. [iv], 5-31; illustrated to every page with full-, and…