Catalogue – London Fashion Week
Henry Sotheran Ltd are pleased to offer this collection of books & prints to coincide with London Fashion Week taking place between 15th - 19th September 2017. Of particular interest are the pochoir prints by Eduardo Garcia Benito (prints 38-42) who was a Spanish fashion illustrator and painter, noted for his Vogue covers of the 1920's and 1930's. There is also a large collection of original lithographs with pochoir by Sem (prints 103-137). As well as many attractive books on Fashion we have a Digby Morton Skirt suit as modelled by a former member of staff (books 13).
Abercrombie & Fitch
1. MILLAIS, J.G. Newfoundland and Its Untrodden Ways.
New York: Arno Press. 1967.
8vo. Original linen backed green paer-covered boards, with dustwrapper; pp. xvi + 340, illustrated throughout; fine.First edition in the Abercrombie and Fitch Library - a relic of a time…
2. [APPAREL ARTS] MALOSSI, Giannino. (editor). Apparel Arts.
Turin: Gruppo GFT. 1989.
4to. Three volumes. Original stiff paper wrappers, in slip case; illustrated throughout in colour and b&w; a little rubbing to slipcase and wrappers, otherwise near fine.First edition…
3. [ARBIB] SHARF, Frederic A. Richard H. Arbib 1917- 1995.
Jean S. and Frederick A. Sharf Publication Fund, 2006.
Oblong 4to, original boards, in dust-jacket; illustrated with black and white and colour photographs and colour illustrations after Arbib designs; new.First edition. Noted for his…
4. [MONROE, Marilyn]. ARNOLD, Eve. Marilyn Monroe.
Washington Green. 2005.
4to. Publisher's boards and illustrated dust wrapper; richly illustrated with Eve Arnold's portraits of Monroe; a very good copy.Reprint.
5. [BATES, John] SHARF, Frederic A. with Michelle FINAMORE. John Bates: British Fashion Designer. The Sensational Years, 1963-1968.
Boston: Museum of Fine Arts. 2013.
4to. Original cloth and wrapper; illustrated throughout; new.First edition.
6. BAYLEY, Roberta. Punk.
Amsterdam/New York: Aenigma/Kunst Editions. 2002.
Folio (415 x 286 mm). Original loose sheets with separate spine held together with ribbon, as issued, in original wood and cardboard slipcase with original page from the April 1976 issue…
7. BENNETT, David and Daniela MASCETTI Celebrating Jewellery Exceptional Jewels of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries.
Antique Collectors Club. 2012.
Folio original laminated boards with slipcase. With 250 colour illustrations. A near fine copy.First edition."Success, wealth and privilege have many ways of manifesting themselves…
8. [BLAHNIK] McDOWELL, Colin Manolo Blahnik
New York: Harper Collins. 2000.
4to. Original illustrated card wrappers; pp.200; a very good copy, internally clean throughout.First edition. Photographic history of the infamous shoe designer, illustrated with full page plates in colour and black-and-white.
9. [BLUMENFELD]. EWING, William A. Blumenfeld: A Fetish for Beauty
Thames and Hudson. 1996.
4to. Publisher's cloth and illustrated wrapper; 256 pp., richly illustrated in black and white and colour; fine.First edition.
10. EVERARD, John [photographer]. Portrait of a model.
George Routledge & Sons Ltd., 1939.
4to. (310 x254 mm). Original linen-covered boards, the upper board and spine titled in red letter, the original photogravure dust jacket, neatly price-clipped, [2, blank], 9, [1, blank]pp…
11. GRISWOLD & CO. J.W. Griswold & Co Manufacturers & Importers of Cloaks, Cloakings and Trimmings Winter Season 1886-87.
Chicago. J.W. Griswold & Co. 1886.
Oblong 8vo., original printed wrappers. Illustrated throughout. A little nicking to wrappers otherwise a very good copy.The winter illustrated catalogue for Chicago couturiers J.W…
12. HABICHT, Frank. in the sixties.
Axis Publishing, 1998.
4to, original card wrappers; illustrated with black and white photographs; fine.First edition.
13. JACQMAR. Digby Morton skirt suit.
Approx. UK size 8. Jacket in black wool with velvet collar and rayon lining with wide lapels and label 'Designed by Digby Morton/Made by Jacqmar/ 16 Grosvenor St., London W1, with matching…
14. LALAOUNIS, Ilias. Metamorphoses.
Greece. Ekdotike Hellados. 1985.
Folio, original cloth with dust wrapper and slipcase. Lavishly illustrated. A near fine copy.First edition inscribed "To Mr & Mrs Thomas Meyer with best wishes Ilias…
15. LANE, Kenneth Jay & MILLER, Harrice Simons. Faking It. With a Foreword by Suzy.
New York. Harry N. Abrams. 1986.
Square 8vo., original cloth with dust wrapper. A near fine copy.First edition inscribed "Dear Fleur, if you hadn't left Look when you did - I would still be in the mail room. Love…