Book Catalogue – Art & Architecture
2. [ADAM]. HARRIS, Eileen. The Country Houses Of Robert Adam. From The Archives Of Country Life.
Aurum Press Limited, 2007.
4to. Publisher's cloth, pictorial dustwrapper; pp.192, illustrated throughout in colour and b/w; fine in like dj.First edition. A comprehensive survey of the work of Robert Adam (1728-1772…
3. ADJAYE, David. Adjaye Africa Architecture: A Photographic Survey of Metropolitan Architecture.
Thames and Hudson. 2011.
4to., 7 paperback volumes in slipcase. A fine set.First edition. "At just over forty, David Adjaye is one of the worlds most exciting and accomplished architects, and has built many…
4. MORRISON, Kathryn A. Apethorpe. The Story Of An English Country House.
New Haven and London, Yale University Press in association with Historic England for The Paul Mellon Centre For Studies In British Art, 2016.
4to. Blue cloth, photo-illustrated dust jacket; pp. xiv, 484, illustrated in colour and b/w.This beautiful publication narrates the romantic biography of an architecturally significant…
5. BALLARD, Phillada (editor) Birmingham's Victorian and Edwardian Architects.
Wetherby, Oblong for the Birmingham and West Midlands Group of the Victorian Society, 2009.
Royal 8vo. Black cloth, photo-illustrated dust jacket; xx, 630pp., illustrated throughout in colour and b/wFirst edition.
6. [BAGNATO]. GUBLER, Hans Martin. Johann Caspar Bagnato 1696-1757.
Sigmaringen, Thorbecke, 1985.
4to. Publisher's cloth, dust wrapper; pp. 456, colour frontispiece and 344 figures, chiefly black and white.First edition. Text in German. An account of the Baroque architect who was active in southwest Germany and northern Switzerland.
Bournville & Port Sunlight
7. BERLEPSCH-VAlENDAS, H[ans].E[duard]. Bauernhaus Und Arbeiterwohnung In England. Eine Reisestudie.
Stuttgart, J. Engelhorn, n.d. but between 1906 and 1912.
Folio (392 x 289 mm). Publisher's original quarter white leather over decoratively printed portfolio boards with ties; pp. 18, , 20 b/w plates reproducing perspective drawings by the…
Inscribed to the "Golden haired Swedish beauty" of The Irish Unionist's Farewell to Greta Hellström in 1922?
8. BETJEMAN, John. An Oxford University Chest.
John Miles. 1938.
4to. Original blue cloth back paper-covered boards; with photographs by Moholy-Nagy; with supplied scarce dustwrapper which is a little chipped and creased with a few closed tears. First…
11. [SURVEY OF LONDON]. BIRD, James Survey of London. Vol. VII. Chelsea [Part III].
London County Council, 1921.
4to. Original buff card wrappers; pp. xv +  + 91; 88 black and white plates, two illustrations in the text, 30 heraldic illustrations; small tears to the extremities of the wrappers, internally clean copy.
12. BOERSCHMANN, Ernst. Picturesque China. Architecture and Landscape. A Journey Through Twelve Provinces.
London, T. Fisher Unwin, .
Large 4to. Original red cloth with slightly spotted and repaired dust-wrappers; pp. xxvi, 288, 288 photogravure illustrations, captions n English, French, German, Spanish and Italian…