Book Catalogue – Performing Arts
1. ALEXANDRE, Arséne. The Decorative Art of Léon Bakst.
New York: Dover Publications. 1972.
4to. Original illustrated softcover; portrait frontispiece and 77 paltes, most in colour; very good.First Dover edition. Originally published in 1913 in French, with notes on the ballets…
2. BARYSHNIKOV, Mikhail. Signed photograph.
130 x 180 black and white photograph signed "M Baryshnikov London [?]".
3. BERIOSOVA, Svetlana. Signed black and white photograph by Baron as Aurura in Sleeping Beauty.
90 x 140mm black and white photograph postcard signed by Berisova.Tall, serene and beautiful prima ballerina of the Royal Ballet.Beriosova was born in Lithuania into a family of dancers…
4. BROWN, Howard [Editor]. Nureyev.
London, Phaidon Press, 1993.
Folio. Original cloth with dust wrapper. A near fine copy.First Edition. "Nureyev is a legend. Throughout his extraordinary career photographers flocked to record his work and to…
5. CHAGALL, Marc (Illustrator) LASSAIGNE, Jacques (Text). Marc Chagall Drawings and Watercolours for The Ballet.
New York. Tudor Publishing Company. 1969.
Folio original cloth with dust wrapper. With 68 reproductions in full colour. With an original colour lithograph by Chagall created especially for this edition. A near fine copy in…
6. DANILOVA, Alexandra. Christmas Card with photographs.
Undated Christmas card inscribed by Danilova "To all your charming family, Alexandra Danilova".With a 128 x 100mm black and white postcard of Danilova dancing, and with two 77 x…
7. DANILOVA, Alexandra. Typed letter signed mounted with Black and White Postcard
September 23 1948.
Black and white postcard of Danilova dancing with Jasinsky in "Choreartium" mounted with a typed letter signed by Danilova, 260 x 435 in mount.The letter to a Mrs Guttirie sends…
8. MASSINE, Leonide. Signed black and white photograph.
67 x 113mm, unposed snapshot of Leonide Massine, signed by Massine.Captioned on the back "£No.1 Leonide Massine outside stage door Drury Lane."
9. SHEARER, Moira. Signed Picture of Moira Shearer and John Hart.
88 x 140mm.A still of the ballerina in Sleeping Beauty, signed by Moira Shearer in black ink, "Good Wishes, Moira Shearer,"
10. FLAXMAN, John (artist). AESCHYLUS. Compositions from the Tragedies of Aeschylus designed by John Flaxman. Engraved by Thomas Piroli, Moses, and Howard.
Bell and Daldy. 1870.
Folio, original cloth backed paper covered board, lettered in black on upper board. Pp. title-page, 2 engraved title-pages, 34 plates numbered 3-36. Binding a little rubbed and soiled…
11. ALBEE, Edward Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
New York, Atheneum, 1962.
8vo. Original grey cloth, backed in red, with original printed dust wrapper; pp. [x], 244; dust wrapper slightly faded, but a very good copy nonetheless.First Edition. From the library of…
12. [DICKENS, Charles] CALLOW, Simon. Charles Dickens and the Great Theatre of the World.
Harper Press. 2012.
8vo., original cloth with dust wrapper. A fine copy.First edition signed by the author.
13. COWARD, Noel. "This Was A Man". A Comedy in Three Acts.
New York and London. Harper & Brothers. 1926.
8vo., original paper covered boards with paper labels on spine and upper board with scarce dust wrapper. Spine of wrapper slightly sunned, a little light chipping, small repaired tear to…
14. COWARD, Noel. Play Parade.
Garden City, New York. Doubleday Doran & Company Inc. 1933.
8vo., sometime finely bound by Wes Baker in full black morocco, boards with french fillet border, spine richly gilt, rich gilt turn-ins, all edges gilt. A very good, handsomely bound…
15. COWARD, Noel. Future Indefinite.
Garden City. Doubleday & Company Inc. 1954.
8vo., original cloth with dust wrapper. A little chipping and creasing to wrapper otherwise a very good copy preserved in custom-made morocco backed fall-down-back box.First US edition…