Book Catalogue – Performing Arts
1. AESCHYLUS & PINDAR. Aeschyli Tragoediae [bound with] Pindari Epinicia.
Lipsiae. Sumptibus Ottonis Holtze. 1877.
Small 8vo., 2 volumes bound as one. Bound in full black straight-grained morocco, a.e.g., the spine with gilt titles and densely gilt in the panels and on the wide bands, the covers with…
4. [BAKST, Leon] The Decorative Art of Leon Bakst. Appreciation by Arsene Alexandre. Notes on the Ballets by Jean Cocteau. Translated from the French by Harry Melvill.
Fine Art Society. 1913.
Folio, original half vellum gilt over marbled boards, Photographic portrait frontispiece, title,  leaves, 51 pp.  leaves, 77 tipped-in plates including 50 in colour. A little…
magic tricks explained
5. BALDWIN, Samri S., and Mrs. Kittie BALDWIN. The Secrets of Mahatma Land Explained Teaching and Explaining the Performances of the Most Celebrated Oriental Mystery Makers and Magicians.
[Brooklyn, Dyson, 1895].
4to. Original cloth-backed printed boards; pp. 120, highly illustrated after photographs and with wood-engravings throughout; binding worn, internally very good and clean.'Second edition…
6. [BALLET] HASKELL, Arnold L. (Editor) The Ballet Annual. A Record and Year Book of the Ballet. Vols 1 - 18.
Adam and Charles Black. 1947 - 1964.
8vo., original cloth all but two volumes with dust wrappers. Some price-clipping, creasing, chipping, rubbing and marking to wrappers. Internally fresh and clean. Illustrated throughout. A…
7. BEAUMONT, Cyril W Scheherazade. Written by C.W. Beaumont. Decorated by A.P.Allinson.
C.W. Beaumont. 1919.
8vo., original stiff card wrappers, sewn as issued. With black and white illustrations by A.P Allinson. A near fine copy.First edition, uncoloured issue. Part of the "Impressions of the Russian Ballet" series.
8. BEAUMONT, Cyril W. The Sleeping Princess. Parts 1 and 2. Written by C.W. Beaumont. Decorated by Randolphe Schwabe.
C.W. Beaumont. 1921.
8vo., 2 volumes, original stiff card wrappers, sewn as issued. With black and white illustrations by Randolphe Schwabe. A near fine copy.First edition, uncoloured issue. Part of the…
10. BOROSETSKII, V. V. [editor]. Leningradskii gosudarstvennyi teatr komedii. Sezon 1940-1941.
Leningrad, State Theatre, .
8vo. Original printed wrappers in red and black, pp. 70, , numerous photographic portraits in the text; wrappers a little dusted, internally good, released from an Estonian library…
11. BRUCE, Lenny. How to talk dirty and influence people.
Chicago: Playboy Press. 1967.
8vo. Original paper covers; pp. xiv + 240; very good.First edition thus. Lenny Bruce's autobiography.
12. CAGNEY, James Cagney by Cagney
Garden City New York. Doubleday & Company Inc. 1976.
8vo., original cloth backed boards with dust wrapper. A very good copy.First edition inscribed by Cagney to an indecipherable recipient "For ? All good wishes Jimmi Cagney, 4/11/76"
13. [CANTERBURY FESTIVAL PLAYS] SAYERS, Dorothy L. Et al. A Collection of Acting Editions for Plays performed at the Canterbury Festival.
Canterbury. H.J. Goulden Limited. 1932 - 1948.
8vo., 5 volumes in original card wrappers. A little browning to wrappers, one spine with repaired short cracks and a light stain to upper edge of wrapper, neat ink name in each copy…
14. CARON, Leslie. Thank Heaven…Leslie Caron My Autobiography.
JR Books, 2009.
8vo. Original paperback wrappers. A fine copy.First paperback edition signed by Leslie Caron.