Book Catalogue – Food & Drink
1. BAWDEN, Edward. Entertaining a La Carte: Edward Bawden and Fortnum and Mason.
Sparham: Mainstone Press . 2007.
4to., original lime green cloth with paper label on upper board. Copiously illustrated in colour throughout. A mint copy in original publisher's card box.First edition, limited edition of…
6. [CALIFORNIA COOKERY.] BRIGGS, Edgar William - Attributed compiler The Bride's Cook Book.
San Francisco. The California Bride's Cook Book Publishing Co. 
8vo., original paper covered boards. viii, 110 pp. Pp i - viii printed on pink paper. Unpaginated advert leaves inserted. Head- tailpieces A very good copy.1st edition thus, i.e…
7. BRUCE-MILNE, Marjorie [Editor] Home Catering and Cookery In One Volume
London, The Caxton Publishing Company Limited, 1959.
A comprehensive home cookery guide, very much of its time, with sections on everything from recipes for children to pensioners. Included are over sixty plates in colour and black and…
8. BULLOCK, Helen. The Williamsburg Art of Cookery or, Accomplish'd Gentlewoman's Companion: Being a Collection of upwards of Five Hundred of the most Ancient & Approv'd Recipes in Virginia Cookery.
Virginia: Colonial Williamsburg, 1938.
8vo. Original patterned paper-covered boards with belly-band dust wrapper which is torn but mostly present, speckled edges; the edges of the boards are a little rubbed with slight losses…
9. [CHETHAM, James]. The Angler's Vade Mecum: Or, A Compendious, yet full, Discourse of Angling : Discovering the aptest Methods and Ways, exactest Rules, properest Baits, and choicest Experiments for the catching all manner of fresh Water Fish. Together with a brief Discourse of Fish-ponds, and not only the easiest, but most Palatable Ways of dressing of all sorts of Fish, Whether belonging to Rivers, or Ponds; and the Laws concerning Angling, and the Preservation of such Fish.
London : Printed for William Battersby, and are to be Sold at his Shop at Thavies Inn Gate, near St. Andrews Church in Holbourn; and William Brown in Black Horse Alley, 1700
Small 8vo. Near-contemporary panelled calf, rebacked, ornamented in blind; pp. [viii], 326, , [2, advertisements], two metal-cut plates; wear to corners, p. 261 a little mis-printed, only…
11. [CRADOCK, Fanny and Johnnie] ARMSTRONG, Alice Catt. Who's Who - Dining and Lodging. The "400" of The North American Continent.
Los Angeles. Who's Who Historical Society1958.
8vo., original cream cloth lettered in gilt on spine and upper board. Binding a bit grubby, inner joints cracking but sound.First edition, inscribed by author and editor Alice Catt…
15. EPICURE SERIES. The Epicure in Hawaii, The Epicure in Mexico, and The Epicure in China.
San Francisco. The Colt Press.. 1938 - 1940.
Oblong 8vo., 3 volumes in original cloth backed boards, Hawaii with wooden boards, Mexico with green patterned paper covered boards, China with orange with gilt flecks paper covered…