Book Catalogue – Private Press
Private Press, Original Art & Limited Editions
2. ARDIZZONE, Edward (artist). An original pen-and-ink drawing from The Nine Lives of Island McKenzie.
An original pen-and-ink illustration (15 x 160cm), unsigned, slightly dusted, with marginal printer's marks, floated in an ivory acid-free mount and presented in a pale oak frame; slight…
4. THOMAS, Dylan (author). Peter BAILEY (artist). An original watercolour illustration for A Child's Christmas in Wales: "… we went singing carols once, when there wasn't the shaving of a moon to light the flying streets".
A fine original watercolour painting, image size 135 x 120mm, on Bockingford archival watercolour paper, presented within a cream acid-free mount, depicting a scene from Dylan Thomas's…
With 53 original drawings by Erich Buttner
6. BUTTNER, Erich (Artist). GOETHE, Johann Wolfgang von. Die [anderen unbekannten] Venezianischen Epigrammen.
[Hannover, Banas & Dette], [1919.]
8vo., (210 ? 138 mm), pp. 57, ; printed in red and blue; uncut in the original publisher’s boards. Limited edition (500 copies printed, this being no. 3), designed by Leopold…
7. CALLIGRAPHIC ILLUSTRATED MANUSCRIPT. Shadows from the past. Picked from the worm-holes of long-vanished days, and from the dust of oblivion raked.
No publisher. 1850.
8vo. Contemporary purple roan, gilt fillet border, all edges gilt; calligraphic manuscript filling 108 pages in blue, black and red ink, initials illuminated in gilt and coloured pen-and-ink…
9. [CHIVERS, Cedric]. Original watercolour design for a Chivers binding.
[No date. C. 1900]
150 X 150mm image size, mounted. .An attractive original watercolour design from the studio of Cedric Chivers. This unfinished watercolour is a design for a volume of Sappho, and shows the pattern for both the upper board and the spine.
10. DETMOLD, Edward Julius (artist). An original watercolour painting of a fawn surrounded by forest animals.
An original finely detailed, and painstakingly executed, watercolour of a young deer surrounded by forest animals, painted on artist's board within a circular grey painted border and signed…
12. [GOODALL, John S.] (illustrator). An original pen, ink, and watercolour illustration for Andersen's Fairy Tales.
Original ink drawing on an acetate overlay above an original watercolour on card (image size 145 x 118mm); the image depicting the rat and the Little Tin Soldier from the story "The…
14. GRIFFITHS, E.J. (Cartoonist) Original cartoons of Lady Astor and Gracie Fields
Mounted original pen and ink wash cartoons of Lady Astor and Gracie Fields on opposite sides of a single sheet of paper. 258 x 310mm in mount.We have not been able to discover much about E.J. Griffiths. A gifted amateur.