Book Catalogue – Sports & Pastimes
4. [ANDERDON, James Lavicount]. The River Dove with some quiet thoughts on the happy practice of angling.
William Pickering. 1847.
8vo. Original brown cloth, paper label to spine; pp. vi + 296; label rubbed, previous owner's bookplate to front pastedown, occasional spots, very good.First Pickering edition, first…
5. Anonymous The North Country Angler; or the Art of Angling: as practised in the northern counties of England.
Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown. 1817.
Small 8vo. Later full tan calf, double gilt filltes to sides, spine with gilt raised bands, centre tools and black morocco gilt lettering piece, marbled endpapers, all edges marbled; pp…
6. BADDELEY, John. The London Angler's Book, or Waltonian Chronicle, containing much original information to anglers generally combined with numerous amusing songs and anecdotes of fish and fishing, never before published…
John Baddeley. 1834.
12mo. Original green paper-covered boards, printed paper label to spine; pp. vi + 185 + iii-vi [index] + [ii], frontispiece, 2 plates; faint foxing to endpapers and title page, very…
8. BAILEY, William. The Angler's Instructor. A treatise on the best modes of angling in English rivers, lakes, and ponds and on the habits of fish.
Longman and Co. 1857.
8vo. Original green cloth, gilt lettering and vignette to front, gilt lettering to spine; pp. viii + 111 + [1, ad.]; previous owner's signature to ffep, very good.First edition. Scarce, A…
9. BAINBRIDGE, George Cole. The Fly Fisher's Guide, illustrated by coloured plates, representing upwards of forty of the most useful flies, accurately copied from nature.
Liverpool: G. Cruickshank. 1828.
8vo. Later bound in half blue morocco, gilt rules to sides, marbled boards, spine with gilt raised bands, centre tools and lettering, marbled endpapers, t.e.g.; pp. viii + 162, 8 plates…
11. BECKFORD, Peter. Thoughts on Hunting. In a Series of Familiar Letters to a Friend.
London, Sherwood, Neely and Jones, 
8vo. Late 19th-century green full crushed morocco, spine with raised bands lettered in gilt, richly ornamented in gilt, inner dentelles gilt, all edges gilt, marbled endpapers; pp…
14. [BERTRAM, James Glass]. Out-Door Sports In Scotland - Deer Stalking, Grouse Shooting, Salmon Fishing, Golfing, Curling, Etc. With Noted On The Natural, Economic And Sporting History Of The Animals Of The Chase. By "Ellangowan". Second Edition.
London, Allen & Co., 1890.
8vo. Original pictorial blue cloth; pp. xi (including frontispiece), 388, fold-out plan of a curling rink, vignette at the end; collector's stamps on front fly-leaf, name on half-title…