Book Catalogue – Spring Miscellany
1. AESCHYLUS & PINDAR. Aeschyli Tragoediae [bound with] Pindari Epinicia.
Lipsiae. Sumptibus Ottonis Holtze. 1877.
Small 8vo., 2 volumes bound as one. Bound in full black straight-grained morocco, a.e.g., the spine with gilt titles and densely gilt in the panels and on the wide bands, the covers with…
4. [RUSSIAN COSTUME]. Picturesque Representations Of The Dress And Manners Of The Russians.
London: Printed for John Murray, Albemarle-Street, by W. Bulmer And Co., Cleveland-Row. 1814.
Royal 8vo. Bound in Regency style in full straight-grain red morocco, spine with 4 wide flat bands decorated with lattice tools in gilt, elaborately gilt in compartments and lettered…
5. [ASTON MARTIN] ARCHER, Alan; CUTTING, Ted; MURRAY, Neil and WILLIAMS, Richard. Aston Martin The Compleat Car
Palawan Press 1994 .
Folio, original full racing green morocco, lettered in gilt on spine and with gilt blocks of Aston Martin insignia on upper board, with brass mounted plaque on upper board reading…
6. AUSTEN, Jane (author). Hugh THOMSON (illustrator). Mansfield Park.
London; Macmillan And Co., Limited. 1897.
8vo. Original elaborately blind-stamped deep red boards, ruled and lettered in gilt to spine and upper cover, top edge rough, others untrimmed; pp. vi, [vii-xviii] + 428 + [i] + [2…
8. AUSTEN, Jane (author). J.C. SQUIRE (Introduction by). The Complete Novels of Jane Austen.
London: William Heinemann Ltd., 1928.
Thick 8vo.; finely bound in contemporary half forest green morocco over green marbled boards, spine with 5 raised bands strikingly ruled in compartments in gilt, and lettered direct in gilt…
9. BABBAGE, Charles Mr Babbage's Invention. Copies of the correspondence between the Lords Commissioners of His Majesty's Treasury and the President and Council of the Royal Society, relative to an Invention of Mr. Babbage.
House of Commons. 1823.
Folio. Unbound, stitched at inner margin as issued, in custom-made blue cloth-backed chemise with silk ties and paper label to front; pp. 6 + [ii], docket title to verso of last leaf…
10. [BAKST, Leon] SOUHAMI, Diana. Bakst. The Rothschild Panels of The Sleeping Beauty.
Philip Wilson. 1992.
4to., original cloth lettered in gilt on spine and upper board. A very good copy.First edition. In 1890, Bakst had seen the dress rehearsal of Tchaikovsky’s first production of the ballet…
14. BAWDEN, Edward. Dear Edward. Being the Correspondence between Peyton Skipwith & Edward Bawden 1968 - 1989.
Hand & Eye Editions 2017.
8vo., original red cloth backed patterned paper covered boards. New.First edition, limited edition of 325 numbered copies. With a foreword by David GentlemanFrom the publisher's…
15. BEARD, Geo. M. and A.D. ROCKWELL. The Medical Use of Electricity, with special reference to general electrization as a tonic in neuralgia, rheumatism, dyspepsia, chorea, paralysis, and other affections associated with general debility.
New York: William Wood & Co., Publishers. 1867.
Small 8vo. Original brown cloth, gilt lettering in gilt decorative panels to upper board; pp. i - 65; slight loss to head and foot of spine, internally very clean, very good.First edition…